CHFS Data Utilization Statement
According to Chinese government’s regulations, CHFS data can only be used for academic research. In order to comply with these regulations, and to better protect respondents’ privacy, please register with your real names and use your emails from the institution where you currently work or study, and agree to abide by the following provisions:
1. Any attempts for using CHFS data to identify any respondent’s personal information are extremely prohibited.
2. You are not allowed to use original CHFS micro data in any form publication. CHFS data can only be used for statistics purpose or analysis results, and the results cannot be leaked any respondent’s personal information.
3. You are not allowed to transfer, lend, sell or donate the CHFS data to any other individuals or any other institutions.
4. You are not allowed to use the CHFS data for commercial or other illegal activities.
5. Please use the wording similar to the following in your working papers or publications (English):
“The China Household Finance Survey (CHFS) is provided by the Survey and Research Center of China Household Finance, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu, China. For more detail about the dataset, please see Gan et al (2013)”.
6. Please submit any working papers or reports using CHFS data to us.
NOTE: Information you provide will be kept confidential. It will never be shared, sold, rented, or given away to anyone. The Survey and Research Center for China Household Finance has the right of interpreting this statement.
Gan Li, Zhichao Yin, Nan Jia, Shu Xu, Shuang Ma, and Lu Zheng (2013). Data you need to know about China: Research Report of China Household Finance Survey 2012. Springer
all of the above clause.